Mostly side projects and visual musings from Robert Ramsden

Happy accidents - what to do next?

Sometimes, when working in Photoshop, or sometimes when print-making, I come across an image which catches my attention. Not because I intended to produce it, it was created despite my not paying any attention to it. Here is a case in point: a 'holding' page for colouring in the shading on some clowns, it's a 'duotone' file set to a dark earthy brown, it's there so i can drag layers into it, and immediately drag them back, now coloured. It's such a quick process that I pay little attention to this 'holding' page. When I closed all the pages I was actually working on - this was left, I like it, it was never suppose to be created as artwork, but I like it. What to do with the effect/artwork, I don't know yet!